About the United Counties of Prescott and Russell
The mandate of Prescott and Russell Economic Development and Tourism (PREDT) is to create and maintain a favorable environment for regional economic development initiatives by collaborating with all stakeholders in the various local activity sectors.
By promoting the region’s main attractions to potential investors and implementing concrete initiatives to support local businesses and industries, our team of dedicated professionals contributes to regional economic development.
In terms of promoting the main attractions, our team has developed a regional profile, a mapping of the ready-to-invest lands and an inventory of vacant commercial and industrial spaces in order to prepare the region for the coming of potential investors.
In order to support local businesses and industries, our team, in close collaboration with our partners, implements several initiatives every year to support key sectors of the economy: commercial, industrial, agri-food and tourism. For example, our team recently conducted a survey to develop action plans that will help maintain and expand existing businesses, plan to open a Food Hub to promote agri-food producers and provide tourism development, to add value to the region as a destination of choice.
The Prescott and Russell Entrepreneurship Center (PREC) is a key partner of the Economic Development and Tourism Office in supporting local businesses.
The PREC offers free services to entrepreneurs such as:
- Free consultations with the qualified business advisor;
- A business plan review service;
- Workshops and business seminars;
- Information on the licenses, permits, registrations, forms and documents needed to start a business, as well as the regulations to be followed;
- Information on import and export;
- information on patents, copyrights and trademarks;
- Opportunities for coaching and networking.
Contact us today to take advantage of growing opportunities.