Eastern Ontario Leadership Council (EOLC)
235 Pinnacle St, P.O. Box 4400,
Belleville, Ontario, K8N 3A9
About Eastern Ontario’s Leadership Council (EOLC)
The EOLC brings five regionally-minded organizations together to tackle shared/regional issues influencing the economic success and prosperity of Eastern Ontario. Formally launched in 2015, the EOLC is responsible for implementing the 2019 ‘refreshed’ regional Economic Development Strategy and focuses on these themes:
- Workforce Development and Deployment (the EOLC’s top priority since before the pandemic)
- Integrated Intelligent Transportation Systems (the first EOLC initiative, One Window Permitting for Public Works, “went live at the end of August 2022)
- Technology Integration and Innovation (an early emphasis on innovation procurement), and
- Digital Infrastructure (high-speed internet and mobile/cell coverage, through leadership by EORN)
The EOLC operates theme-based “working groups” through which stakeholders from across the region gather to bring insight to economic issues and serve as Steering Committees for projects designed to address priority issues.
The five partners in the EOLC are:
- Eastern Ontario Wardens’ Caucus
- Eastern Ontario Mayors’ Caucus
- Eastern Ontario Regional Network
- Ontario East Economic Development Commission
- Community Futures Ontario East.
Visit Booth 503 to learn more about the EOLC’s four projects rolling out across the region.