The Ontario East Economic Development Commission (OEEDC) is pleased to announce that the 2021 Ontario East Municipal Conference (OEMC) will be held virtually, Wednesday, October 20 and Thursday, October 21, 2021.
After a successful temporary transition to a virtual conference in 2020 we anticipate attendance of more than 300 delegates and 20 sponsors/exhibitors from across Ontario who will provide an excellent networking and educational forum for everyone involved.
Please forward this Call for Speakers to any other individuals/organizations you feel could contribute to the conference.
Deadline for submission of proposal: June 30, 2021
- Economic Development Officials & Staff
- Workforce Development Groups
- ED Committee Chairs
- Economic Development Consultants
- Commercial /Industrial Brokers & Developers
- Community Financial Representatives
- Corporate Realtors and Site Selectors
- Market Researchers and Analysts
- Tourism Representatives
- Downtown Revitalization Officials
- Federal and Provincial Officials
Your submission must include the title of the presentation, presenter name(s) and organization(s), presenter bio(s), and the presentation description.
Please submit a 200-word description of your presentation. This 200-word description will be used in all conference advertising literature and assist in evaluating your submission. Please use clear language to describe the nature of the presentation. Please ensure your description accurately reflects the content of the session. Sessions that are interactive and/or focus on case studies, best practices, and provide take-aways for attendees will be given priority.
Please note: Accepted speakers are required to provide a pre-recorded presentation and live Q&A. A template and instruction package will be provided to speakers.
The 200-word description will be the basis for judging the proposal. All evaluations will be based on the following criteria:
- Innovation and originality
- Quality, clarity and organization of submission
- Sessions will be selected to ensure a varied program
- Sessions that are interactive and/or focus on case studies, best practices, and provide take-aways for attendees will be given priority
Conference Streams include:
- Economic Development
- Workforce Development
- Community & Municipal Development
- Other Emerging Issues of Interest